Woman’s help desk service comes from the need to offer a neutral dialogue concerning anti-violence centres or similar, with an impetus of complementarity to city services.
. And to respond with ample promptness and flexibility, and with respect for current European regulations, to a need for listening and mediation with the proposal of information and factual solutions to family dynamics conditioned by social and economic aspects that require a systematic and organized response in a society deeply marked by the emergency COVID19.
Global Thinking Foundation thanks by an international experience, that sees it operate in Italy, France, Scotland, Belgium and the USA, and taking part in the OECD and IMF tables, bring the best practices. Good rules ground on the experience of physical Milan branches’, active and that in Palermo, in addition to WhatsApp chat.
The Global Thinking Foundation, with GLT Family Desk, aimed at all families (bi and single parent, LGBTQ +), and more generally at citizenship as a welcoming and orientation space, to orient towards the services and opportunities that the area offers them about various issues such as home, work, health, culture, leisure and also provides free legal and mediation support, mentorship and advice on matters of rights in employment, family rights, information and liaison support with the territorial units located in the Municipality specialized in assisting families in difficulty.
Among the ancillary services, it will undertake to:
• organize meetings and workshops for students on the relationship between young people, sustainability and the economy;
• organize and promote information and training initiatives on the issues of prevention of economic abuse and economic violence for active and inclusive citizenship involving pupils and their families;
• activate any support networks in the area consisting of other associations that share the commitment on the issues of economic sustainability and social inclusion, to promote comparison and collaboration;
• to support information and training to encourage women to acquire skills
basic digital for economic self-determination (digital CV, digital payments for taxes and management of savings for supplementary pensions);
• involve families in an awareness-raising process on prevention of gambling disorders, (from compulsive shopping to gambling and online trading), that could impact the family budget. Those bad rules produce over-indebtedness, also and above all to damage the future of the new generations, to create synergies between the educational action proposed at school and that in the family, prompting them to contact the help desk dedicated to them in case of help.
Via Freguglia 10, Milan 20122
Monday to Friday – from 9:00 to 18:00
At Casa di Paolo
Via della Vetriera, 57, 90133, Palermo
Monday to Friday – from 14:00 to 18:00
Centro Milano Donna (CMD) is:
– a network place between central and municipal administration and for interaction with the thematic associations present in the area;
– a place of information and orientation on existing services in the town hall and throughout the city;
– a place of “service” for women;
– a place of “free space” for recreational and recreational activities;
– a place of integration between different cultures;
– a place for the data collection on gender equality.
Its action is oriented to:
– intercept the needs of women and show them the path to face them at already existing services in the area;
– directly supply new services to complement those offered by the territory;
– organize the offer of leisure moments for recreational and aggregative recreational purposes;
– organize cultural promotion initiatives.
Coordinating association: “Telefono Donna“
24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
The service runs every Wednesday from 9.00 to 12
at the headquarters of the Town Hall 3, via Sansovino 9, Milan
Coordinating association: “Paloma 2000” replies,
Monday to Friday – from 9:00 to 18:00
-CMD 8 – at Gallaratese – on Thursday 14 May 2020 it delivered the first 18 regenerated laptops to children living in the area.
Info : Anyone wishing to participate by donating their PC can write to the Centro Milano Donna