Women’s help desk service was born from the need to offer a neutral area of dialogue with respect to the one offered by anti-violence centers on the one hand, with an impetus of complementarity to city services on the other hand.
This desk aims at responding with ample promptness and flexibility and with respect for current European regulations to a need for listening and mediation with the proposal of information and factual solutions to family dynamics conditioned by social and economic aspects that require a systematic and organized response in a society deeply marked by the COVID19 emergency.
Global Thinking Foundation, thanks to an international experience in Italy, France, Scotland, Belgium and in the USA and taking part in the OECD and IMF tables. Global Thinking Foundation brings the good practices applied and shared there, and the experience of the physical desks in Milan – active since the end of 2017- and in Palermo, in addition to the digital desk active via APP and WhatsApp chat.
Global Thinking Foundation, with GLT Family Desk, aimed at all families (bi and single parent, LGBTQ +), and more generally at citizenship as a welcoming and orientation space, to orient towards the services and opportunities that the area offers them about various issues such as home, work, health, culture, leisure and also provides free legal and mediation support, mentorship and advice on matters of rights in employment, family rights, information and liaison support with the territorial units located in the Municipality specialized in assisting families in difficulty.
Among the ancillary services, it will undertake to:
• organize meetings and workshops for students on the relationship between young people, sustainability and the economy;
• organize and promote information and training initiatives on the issues of prevention of economic abuse and economic violence for active and inclusive citizenship involving pupils and their families;
• activate any support networks in the area consisting of other associations that share the commitment on the issues of economic sustainability and social inclusion, to promote comparison and collaboration;
• to support information and training to encourage women to acquire basic digital skills for economic self-determination (digital CV, digital payments for taxes and management of savings for supplementary pensions);
• involve families in an awareness-raising process on prevention of gambling disorders (from compulsive shopping to gambling and online trading) that could impact the family budget. Those bad rules produce over-indebtedness, also and above all to damage the future of new generations, to create synergies between the educational action proposed at school and that in the family, prompting them to contact the help desk dedicated to them in case of help.
Via Freguglia 10, Milan 20122
Monday to Friday – from 9:00 to 18:00
At Casa di Paolo
Via della Vetriera, 57, 90133, Palermo
Monday to Friday – from 14:00 to 18:00
Centro Milano Donna (CMD) is:
– a network place between central and municipal administration and for interaction with the thematic associations present in the area;
– a place of information and orientation on existing services in the town hall and throughout the city;
– a place of “service” for women;
– a place of “free space” for recreational and recreational activities;
– a place of integration between different cultures;
– a place for the data collection on gender equality.
Its action is oriented to:
– intercept the needs of women and show them the path to face them at already existing services in the area;
– directly supply new services to complement those offered by the territory;
– organize the offer of leisure moments for recreational and aggregative recreational purposes;
– organize cultural promotion initiatives.
Coordinating association: “Telefono Donna”
24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
The service runs every Wednesday from 9.00 to 12
at the headquarters of the Town Hall 3, via Sansovino 9, Milan
Coordinating association: “Paloma 2000” replies,
Monday to Friday – from 9:00 to 18:00
-CMD 8 – at Gallaratese – on Thursday 14 May 2020 it delivered the first 18 regenerated laptops to children living in the area.
Info : Anyone wishing to participate by donating their PC can write to the Centro Milano Donna